Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Seriously!!!

Let's take a walk down memory lane for just a second...
Hagen at age two...
2 years later... almost to the day...


I wonder who that is...


Go figure...


So guess where we were on Saturday night... if you can't tell, those are stiches. 4 to be exact. Little turkey! He was supposed to be in bed after a very naughty day and snuck out to get a drink in the bathroom and then we heard a boom and then screaming. I went running and saw the wound before it started bleeding and thought it would need stiches. He slipped while getting a drink. He pulls himself up on the counter and I think he missed the step stool trying to get down and bumped his chin and bit his tongue on both sides and in the front. His tongue bled the most. He is only 4 and has had stiches twice. This time he did so much better than the last. He cried when they numbed it but then he fell asleep while they put in the stitches and didn't wake up til the morning. Can you buy suture kits at Walmart?



5 comments:

The Graves.... said...

Poor kid, that's the worst when they get hurt.

Kyle and Jonna said...

Holy cow...! Poor kid...Maybe it was one of his "naids" (gernaides)! Im not usre how to spell that either! :)

Drew and Cydney said...

Oh my goodness, poor little guy! That's awesome you got a car for Christmas! I can't believe your boys are so big, I think I've only seen them like 2 or 3 times ever!

Scott and Becky said...

Wow! cuts to the head (anywhere on the head) are bad. And I agree they bleed like crazy. I remember when Jennifer was about 2 years old, she was riding a BIG trike at Rosann's house when they lived in Ogden and one of the wheels slipped into a groove between the grass and the sidewalk. Down she went. And she bit her tongue all the way through. I panicked, but Rosann remained calm and just gave her a red water pop-sycle. She couldn't see the blood and the cold helped stop the bleeding. They don't stitch tongues.

Kristy & Miguel said...

Hope you have good insurance!! Poor guy! BTW I can't believe you have a 4 yr old! I swear it was just yesterday we were living in the dorms at ISU!! Where has the time gone!

About Me